CLIENTASX Top 20 Australian Resources Company
People Measures has been working with one of Australia’s pre-eminent global resources companies since 2011, identifying and developing their emerging leaders, from a range of locations in Australia as well as the UK, Chile, North America and Singapore.
People Measures designed a program which aims to increase the depth and readiness of talent in the global finance and commercial functions to take up leadership opportunities as they arise. The program also builds the strategic awareness and leadership capability of the cohort as well as global networks.
The program runs over a 12-month period and consists of the following:
- A selection process incorporating the use of multiple psychometric tools (ability testing, Hogan Development Survey (HDS) and Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI)) and a 1-hour interview against the organisation’s leadership capabilities.
- 2 x 4-day workshops. The first workshop includes a 1.5-day development centre, featuring a strategic case study, group discussion, presentation, and leadership role-play.
- 360° degree feedback tool.
- 6 x 1.5-hour executive coaching sessions against a development plan.
- 2 x senior mentors (6 months per mentor).
- An organisation specific work-based assignment based on real work in the organisation and sponsored by a range of senior leaders.
Almost 200 leaders have participated in the program since its inception, many rising into the most senior levels of the organisation.
Feedback from participants, senior sponsors, and the organisation has been consistently positive with commitment to run the program continued every year (bar one during the COVID-19 pandemic), despite the ebbs and flows of cost pressures, resource prices and different senior stakeholders.
Feedback from participants, senior sponsors, and the organisation has been consistently positive with commitment to run the program continued every year
The reputation of the program within the organisation is very strong, with increasing demand every year. Almost three times as many participants apply to be on the program as can be accepted, with a rigorous and objective entry process run by People Measures to manage this.