Steve joined People Measures in 2023, after a long and impactful tenure at Victoria University (Melbourne), where he held several roles in various teams. His final role at VU was an Executive Officer to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research & Impact, during which time a new Research & Impact Plan was launched. During this period, Steve implemented new procedures for governance paper coordination within the VU Research team, leading to additional proficiency in MS SharePoint, and increased quality of papers submitted to central governance committees through improved quality assurance procedures.
Other major highlights in his time at VU included:
- Implementation and training of a new International student administration system (EAAMS CRM) and undergoing process change management within the International Recruitment office.
- Cleaning approximately 150,000 records within the university’s Alumni database to ensure minimal EDM bounce-backs, and greater digital connectivity with VU Alumni.
- Supporting the establishment and development of a number of key business relationships within VU’s Sport and Exercise Science College.
- Building and leading a new Administration team within the College of Health and Sport, with the additional challenge of pandemic lockdowns.
- Supporting the DVC Research and Impact to establish and launch a new Research & Impact Plan (2023-2028).
Steve’s mantras are to ‘get the job done‘ and to ‘make an impact‘, regardless of the role. At the same time, he is a relationship builder, and is able to use a mix of formal and informal methods of building and maintaining robust relationships with colleagues and business partners.
Outside of work, Steve is a passionate sports fan, and is a long time member of the Carlton Football Club (AFL). He also loves being with his partner, and their fur-babies (dog Heidi and cat Loki).
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Bachelor of Business (Majors: Information Systems, Human Resources, International Business, Management), La Trobe University, 2000 (Distinction average)
- Associate Diploma of Business-Marketing, Melbourne Polytechnic, 1997 (Valedictorian)